OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am actually in nigeria and was browsing on how best to…

Customer Question
hello madam, i am actually...
hello madam, i am actually in nigeria and was browsing on how best to eliminate recurrent staph infection permanently
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/9/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Where is the staph infection?
What symptoms do you have?
Do you know the type of staph? Thank you.
Staph areas and candida in the urinary tract/vagina
Staph areas and candida albicans
Not areas meant aureas
Was the staph cultured from both the urine and the vagina?
What are your symptoms? Thanks.
It was cultured but I do not have any symptoms except very painful and heavy menstrual flow, with blood clots.
it was cultured from both urine and vaginal swab.
Staph infection in the urine is abnormal and needs to be treated. Usually the best antibiotic is found by sensitivity testing.
Staph infection in the vagina usually does not need treatment. It has nothing to do with your painful and heavy periods.
Painful and heavy periods are often best treated with birth control pills. That will resolve painful, heavy periods most of the time. If that is not successful, and no specific cause is found, then hysterectomy might be needed.
Thank you very much, I think that is all. Regards.
You're welcome.