OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

When do i know that i should go to the emergency with this…

Customer Question
when do i know that...
when do i know that i should go to the emergency with this pain from a rectrocele
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/8/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
How long have you been having pain?
How severe is the pain?
Where is the pain coming from?
Are you constipated?
Does the rectocele protrude? Thank you.
hs I am not constipated at the moment. The pain is worse thru the night when I lay on my side and especially when I sit down. The pain is inside up high
A rectocele doesn't generally cause pain. I think most likely the pain is from something else. I would try to see an OB/GYN doctor for evaluation and to figure out what is causing the pain. You might have an enterocele, which is where the small intestines herniate out through the vagina. It may be associated with a rectocele. If the enterocele is getting squeezed off, it can cause much pain.
Or perhaps there is something else causing the pain. Often the emergency room doctors may not be skilled at evaluating pain such as this, but they could help to determine how serious it is, and get you to a specialist if necessary.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN