OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have discovered a lump between my bottom and vagina nearer…

Customer Question
I have discovered a lump...
I have discovered a lump between my bottom and vagina nearer the opening I am a 30 yr old virgin! I have no idea whats happening? Pls help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/7/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. C., Board Certified replied 3 years ago
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** hope I'm able to provide some helpful medical information for you today.
This is most likely a blocked gland. There are hundreds of glands in the genital area. Dead skin can get pushed into one of the gland opening and cause the fluid to back up. This can be through exercise or masturbation. This condition is VERY common.
The treatment is to apply moist heat, a heating pad wrapped in a wet washcloth. This is applied for 10 minutes 4 times daily. Also a hot bath can help. This softens the blocked pore and allows the fluid to release.
If this doesn't help, the lump needs to be examined. But blocked glands are really VERY common.
I hope this has been reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.
Any follow-up questions on this?
If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks!