OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 5 weeks pregnant and i am reading up on cyotec

Customer Question
HI i am 5 weeks...
HI i am 5 weeks pregnant and i am reading up on cyotec
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/3/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

What is your question? If you are hoping to use it as a single drug to induce abortion it is not very effective It is more effective and safer in combination with mifepristone. I would suggest locating a planned parenthood in your area. They provide services on a sliding scale basis.

If for whatever reason you cannot get to a Dr and must do this on your own there are excellent and safe instructions on the website womenonwaves.org It details the dosing. The protocol can be repeated in 3 days. It is important to note that it is only 90 % effective and that 15-20 % of all pregnancies end in miscarriage on their own. I hope this helps.