OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is ten weeks from term with her first pregnancy.

Customer Question
She is 37 years old...
My daughter is ten weeks from term with her first pregnancy. She is 37 years old. I think she has toxemia because her arms, hands, ankles and feet have become very swollen and she has severe heartburn. These are symptoms I had with my first pregnancy over forty years ago . I was induced one week before term because I was diagnosed with toxemia. What are the consequences of toxemia for my daughter today.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/31/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested
Left untreated your daughter could seize, loose the baby or die.
From what you have posted, you need to either drive your daughter to the nearest hospital or call for an ambulance.
Do this right now.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS