Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

For a few months, I was getting my period twice. Once at the

Customer Question

For a few months, I was getting my period twice. Once at the normal time, and then again right when I was supposed to ovulate. So I started taking clomid 100mg this month, and I didn't get my "second" period! Does this mean I successfully am ovulating again?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

You have not been getting two periods a month. You have been getting one period and a second episode of bleeding each month called breakthrough bleeding. This can be a result of lack of ovulation or of instability of the uterine lining. Absence of that bleeding means your cycle has changed, but does not necessarily indicate ovulation. While you are on Clomid you should either be doing an ovulation predictor kit or taking a temperature each day to determine whether or not you are ovulating.