OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago. About 3 years ago I…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with PCOS...
I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago. About 3 years ago I went through 2 months of Clomid the first with a single dose the second month my ob doubled the dose and I got pregnant successfully, gave birth to my now 2 year old daughter. Since the last time I tried getting pregnant I have gained nearly 60 pounds. My dr gave me provera for 7 days which brought my cycle, then right when I got my cycle I saw my ob she put me on metformin 2x daily which I have been taking for 2 months now, my menstural cycle didn't show up this month so my ob put me on provera 10 mg for 14 days and has prescribed clomid 2 pills a day to start on days 5-9 of my menstural cycle, and I have been taking prenatal vitamins every day since my last pregnancy. Provera worked for me previously for 7 days so why would my ob prescribe it for 14 days? Is it possible for me to get pregnant again? I feel so discouraged and really want to be blessed with another child but wonder if I ever will. I feel like I am the only one, I tend to read positive stories with women with pcos and it gives me strength, but in my case is it possible for me to get pregnant again? This waiting game is overwhelming..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/30/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

Yes of course it is possible to get pregnant. Women with pcos do all the time. You will do yourself the most good if you lose as much weight as you can while you are trying to conceive. You may need a higher dose of Clomid this time. It is very likely to work.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified