Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have a story I will try to simplified everything as much

Customer Question

hi I have a long story I will try to simplified everything as much as I can
I am a 28 year old woman, I have a 4 year old daughter I conceived with her naturally after take off pills in the same month. in the last 2 years, I didn't use any hormonal contraception only condom and withdrawal
I have almost irregular period sometimes every 30+ or - 1 to 2 days
rarely 35-40 days. I have spotting 2-3 in the beginning of the period then heavy as normal af is. I have dysmenorrhea only in the day of heavy flow not before the period at all.
in December my prolactin level was 23 I used dostinex, I did us everything were ok no cyst ...etc. I stopped contraception on march and I used opk to detect ovulation + EWCM + ovulation cramps and it a happen on cd 14 but I didn't get pregnant
I did hormonal essay TSH was normal
FSH 5.29 LH 6.20
my last period was on 9th may and now I am on cd 20 with - opk - EWCM - ovulation carmp ( I had ovulation cramps for 5 days after the af finished which is unusual for me but opk- and EWCM -)
I did hpt on cd 14 but negative
I have a little breast discomforts
so, whats wrong with me do I have anovulatory cycle?? and what is the treatment ??
N.B. sometimes in the past I ovulate late before 8 days of the next period maybe this happening again but why because all my hormones are normal
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Yes, it looks like this will be an anovulatory cycle. You've apparently had some before, since it's at least somewhat likely that your 35-40 day cycles were anovulatory. Most women will occasionally have an anovulatory cycle.
As long as it's only an occasional anovulatory cycle, you can just wait for the next cycle.
If the anovulatory cycles occur more than infrequently, then you may wish to take Clomid, which you take early in the month, and it helps to ensure ovulation.
Most fertile women don't conceive the first month they try. The average couple takes 4-5 months to conceive on average. Good luck!
Sorry, I have to leave for an hour or so. I'll answer any further questions when I get back. Sorry.