OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question, me and my girlfriend had sex yesterday…

Customer Question
hi i have a question...
hi i have a question, me and my girlfriend had sex yesterday for the second time. She was a virgin the first time it happened, and we also did it last night. Today morning she woke up feeling sore and complains that her vagina is burning. Is this common? or requires attention please get back to me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/26/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
This is Dr. David

yes, sex sometimes can cause vaginal burning and irritation, if there was not enough lubrication or if there was a lot of friction inside of the vagina

she should see a gyn doctor and get a gyn exam if your symptoms don't get better

urinary tract infections are also very common after sex

make sure she drinks plenty of water and pees frequently to help flush out her bladder and urethra

does she have a gyn doctor she can see for regular gyn exams?
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor