Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I left my letrozole at home I am on vacation I will not be

Customer Question

I left my letrozole at home I am on vacation I will not be able to take it for 3 days. I take it because I had breast cancer. What should I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Although we would much prefer that doses of the letrozole not be missed, at this point, there is not much that can be done other than seeing a local doctor, such as in an Urgent Care Center or Walk-In Clinic. Generally speaking, though, it is not considered that critical that it is necessary to see a new doctor just to get a limited prescription.
Certainly, you should resume the medicine as soon as possible, but it would be OK to simply enjoy the vacation and take the medicine upon returning home. There is no need to take any duplicate doses, although if you take a pill when you get home and one the next day at the usual time, the two doses may be closer together than 24 hours. If you get home around the time that you usually take the medicine, then simply continue to take the medicine without doubling it the first day home.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.