Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I took clomid for my first pregnancy on days 5 thru 9. Now

Customer Question

I took clomid for my first pregnancy on days 5 thru 9. Now I'm on it and days 7 thru 11..what's the difference? I'm almost 34....do I have more risks now??
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

Clomid should be given on days 5-9 or 3-7. It is never started on day 7. It has nothing to do with your age.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before it was 5 thru 9. But this time I went and I was on cycle day 6 so I was told to do 7 thru 11. Should I just wait and do 5 thru 9 next month?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

Yes. You were told to take it incorrectly. Theres no point in doing that, as it wont work, and just wastes a cycle.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

It is too late in the cycle to induce ovulation. Its better to start in on cycle day 3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know. I only get 3 cycles then get a referral to a specialist. So I'm gonna wait and save this for next cycle. I have success on clomid so I'm kind of upset she will only do 2 cycles and then send me out!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I meant 3 cycles not 2!
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

Its not beneficial to do more than 3 cycles. Its best to get a referral after 3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well we know we can get pregnant. We have an almost 7 year old. But i am 33 almost 34 and I don't wanna keep putting it off!
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

I am really sorry, but after 7 years you do not necessarily know you can get pregnant with Clomid. Fertility begins to decline at age 30 and Clomid is less successful. Your only other option is to switch Drs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I'm saying is i have been pregnant before. I don't think it's impossible.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

I agree