Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified MD
28323552

I have just finished my period yesterday. I have been having

Customer Question

hi i have just finished my period yesterday. I have been having lower back pain and a weird feeling in my lower center of pelvis when i stand up but then fades away quickly. This past weekend i fell asleep with a tampon in for 12 hours or so i dont know if this has anything to do with this discomfort.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Do you have any history of fever or foul smelling discharge?
The symptoms that you are mentioning could represent infection i.e. pelvic inflammatory disease for which you may require antibiotics particularly considering your history.
So you may very well require antibiotics for this for which you will have to consult your doctor.
This session is open for any number of comments or further questions.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no history of fever or foul smelling odor and do not have discolored discharge and it does not hurt when urinating. It is not a constant pulling pain in the pelvis just when i get up from sitting and it lasts only a few seconds then goes away more back pain than anything.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
For the time being I would recommend taking something like ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily for the pain, this is over-the-counter.
If your symptoms persist I would recommend that you be seen for this.
You may then require an imaging study like an ultrasound to have a look at your uterus.
Let me know if you have more questions.