OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a flat looking bump on my breast with a dark center.

Customer Question
It started bleeding bright red...
I have a flat looking bump on my breast with a dark center. It started bleeding bright red blood...a lot! It's about the size of a dime and in more on top of the skin than under.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/19/2015
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
Please attach a picture.

Last breast exam?
Mammo gram?
Just about a year ago and all was ok. Today it has a scab and there is no lump or bump. It seems to be some type of blood blister. No pus or anything. Just bright red blood.
OK
Staph infection is what it looks like to me.
Go in this week.
Exam and probably mupiricin [a prescription] is needed.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.