OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a sac in my uterus..... my tests are negative....I

Customer Question
Sir I have a sac...
Sir I have a sac in my uterus..... my tests are negative....I had pregnancy symptoms can I be pregnant??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
We had sx on 26/4 /15......i ve had regular periods for thr last 7 months .....had cramps ,fever ,headache.....little sore boobs ....im comfused .....can i be pregnant ??? My dr said that the blood test was negetive so asked me to take pills to vwt my periods ...now what to do ??
Sir I have a sac in my uterus..... my tests are negative....I had pregnancy symptoms can I be pregnant??We had sx on 26/4 /15......i ve had regular periods for thr last 7 months .....had cramps ,fever ,headache.....little sore boobs ....im comfused .....can i be pregnant ??? My dr said that the blood test was negetive so asked me to take pills to vwt my periods ...now what to do ??
5/19/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
A sac in the uterus indicates that you are pregnant but that the fetus is not viable and the pregnancy will need to be terminated.
A sac without a fetus is seen in a condition known as Blighted ovum in which the fetus fails to grow and cannot be seen on ultrasound. Only the sac remains. in this case, you will need to take medicines which will cause the pregnancy to be terminated - possibly this is what is being suggested by your doctor
Will the fetus be visible so early???
When was your last period? Was it normal - normal bleeding?
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor