Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I took only 2 pills of clindamycin instead of the recommended

Customer Question

I took only 2 pills of clindamycin instead of the recommended 4 pills a day for a week. Should I continue the rest of the pills doing 2 a day til I finish the pills? Or start taking 4 pills a day until I finish? Also can I have sex after the initial week on clindamycin? The pills were prescribed for a BV infection.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
I would recommend taking 4 pills daily until you finish.You can have sex after the initial week as long as the symptoms have resolved. If the symptoms don't resolve, I would see your doctor before having sex. You might need to to re-start the treatment, since you didn't take the meds as directed.
I would take the pills 4 a day until you finish.You can have sex after finishing the pills unless your symptoms haven't resolved. In that case, I would see your doctor again. It's possible that the BV didn't clear up because you didn't take the medication as directed.
.