How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I only have burning on the outside vaginal tissue. No

Customer Question

I only have burning on the outside vaginal tissue. No pain/burning when I utinate and no itching. I had intercourse with my husband last night and used a new bottle of lubricant and a new bottle vaginal wash; both were brands I've been using for years. Is this a yeast infection?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.


from your description it appeared as some infection or allergic reaction. But as you are using the same brand for a long time without any problem allergic reaction to the lubricant or vaginal wash can be excluded.I think you might have some yeast infection of the vulva not inside the vagina and so no discharge or burning during urination.You can apply some anti yeast ointment over the skin affected.

Thank you