DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

For about 4 weeks, I have been suffering with severe

Customer Question

Hello- For about 4 weeks, I have been suffering with severe hemorrhoids. At first the pain lasted about a week, the pain pretty much stopped for 2 weeks and came back with a vengeance. I have been putting on hydrocortisone cream and taking hemrid. I did go to my go dr, that looked and said I had 2 large hemorrhoids. But the problem is that the pain is getting slightly better, but I have been bleeding pretty heavy for a week already. I do not know if this could be related, but I am also bleeding from my vagina. Even though I just had a heavy period a week or two ago. The vaginal bleeding is less than my normal periods. Should I worry? Thanks! Also, forgot to state that although the hemorrhoids? Did quit hurting for a couple of weeks I could feel a bulge from my anus.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.

hello

This abnormal bleeding from vagina is not related with the hemorrhoids.This may be due to hormonal imbalance due stress or due to some other reason. But as you had heavy period in the past other causes like fibroid uterus, polyp, cervical fibroid or polyp etc have to be excluded.

I think you should also consult a gynecologist .

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am more concerned about the fact that the hemmorhoids have not stopped bleeding for over 7 days. From what I have read this is not normal. Also the fact I have been dealing with them over a month.

Thanks

In many cases, hemorrhoids can be treated effectively with diet, good hygiene, and topical medications. In some cases, though, diet and drugs are not enough. People who do not respond to non-surgical treatments might experience long-term relief through surgerySurgery should be considered for people with large hemorrhoids that are very painful or continuous bleeding Surgery to remove hemorrhoids is called hemorrhoidectomy. During hemorrhoidectomy, the doctor makes incisions around the anus to cut away the hemorrhoids. People undergoing the procedure may be given local anesthesia (the patient is awake though relaxed during the procedure but the area being operated on is numbed) or general anesthesia (the patient is put to sleep during the procedure).

Hemorrhoidectomy is generally an outpatient procedure, and patients usually go home the same day.

Thank you