Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I'm curious as two weather I'm pregnant or not, I'm aware

I'm curious as two weather I'm pregnant or not, I'm aware that only a test could tell, but
I'm just confused BECUASE lately I've been having women issues, I usually get my period around the 23rd of every month, but two months ago due to stress it came a week late, then between that and the following month in took
The day after pill, and then my period came on the 12th but was about three days, between that I went to the gyno and had an ultrasound and found out I've had a bladder infection and a yeast infection so I was on anti biotics for that, now it's the 12th and I don't have my period, I was wondering if I should go get checked or if BECUASE of all the stress and medicine is my clock just resetting it.
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Customer: Hello
Dr. Owen :

So you are under a lot of stress?

Dr. Owen :

When did you have sex in the last 30 days?

Customer: Yes, I am, I go to performance school and I work a lot, so between work, homework, and we've had a lot of performances lately I've been under stress
Customer: Yes. I have
Dr. Owen :

Got it....

Dr. Owen :

I take it then you have sex all the time and you are not using birth control?

Customer: I have sex a normal amount... And no I am not
Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

Well I would definitely do a pregnancy test just to be sure - BUT given you are performing and have a LOT of stress - MORE than likely that is what is causing the irregularity of your cycle - and that is 100% normal - and NOT a concern. Other possibilities which I see for this are a thyroid problem which you should get checked with a Simple TSH thyroid blood test.

Dr. Owen :

Also this could be an elevated Prolactin level

Dr. Owen :

and finally this could be minor ovarian cysts causing this

Customer: Well I've had those in the past, but when I was getting the sonnogram the doctor never said anything
Dr. Owen :

Then more than likely everything is normal....

Dr. Owen :

and THEN with everything NORMAL - then YOU 100% need to do a pregnancy test (this can be done at any time of the day)

Customer: Thank you! Also what is prolactin
Dr. Owen :

and if the test is not positive, then all this is due to Stress - EVEN IF this has never happened to you before - IT does happen and I see this every day in my office - women are just under a lot of stress - and hence this can cause the exact symptoms you have

Customer: How early would a pregnancy test be able to tell me
Dr. Owen :

Prolactin is another hormone that when elevated can prevent a period - it is the same hormone that produces milk for a baby

Dr. Owen :

You can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 6 to 10 days AFTER you had sex

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

that would be fair

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Customer: Thank you very much! I will have a nice night
Dr. Owen :

you are welcome

Dr. Owen :

please don't forget to click on Excelelnt

Dr. Owen :

Thank you