How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9032
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom is 62 years old and is assuming she is going through

This answer was rated:

Hi there! My mom is 62 years old and is assuming she is going through menopause.she had a hysterectomy a few years this particular moment she is dealing with an ongoing UTI that doesn't seem to go away. She went to the doctor twice and have given her antibiotics. She doesn't understand why she's having a UTI if she had a hysterectomy.She also says that maybe she has been extremely hot, she feels like her insides are hot, like if she has a fever all day. The doctor gave her an estragin cream,but after reading a side effects she is afraid to even try you think by her taking her antibiotics, cranberry juice, and perhaps"refresh" vaginal gel to balance her ph would help?
Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.
Please explain to your mother that having a hysterectomy will not prevent a UTI since an UTI is infection of the urinary tract and is not related to the uterus. Feeling feverish and hot is a symptom of an UTI.
Estrogen will help more if she has dryness or discomfort of the vagina - symptoms of UTI will also help to some extent since a low estrogen level can increase the risks of an URI.
But taking antibiotics, cranberry juice and rephresh vaginal gel will be adequate. She can also take an anti-inflammatory tablet like Brufen to help decrease the inflammation.
I hope this helps.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you