Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I just found out im pregnante and im about 5 weeks I made an

I just found out im pregnante and im about 5 weeks I made an appt with my OB GYN but cant get in till friday and I just went to the bathroom and Im spotting should I be worried should I go to urgent care or something to get checked or will it be ok to wait till friday.
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Spotting is fairly common and honestly I would just watch it at this point.

Dr. Owen :

Urgent care honestly will not do anything for you - as they are not ob/gyn's at urgent care.

Dr. Owen :

Plus in early pregnancy at 5 weeks, there is very little that you can do.

Dr. Owen :

But IF you are still spotting in the morning - call your ob/gyn to get a Progesterone level - if the progesterone is low, your doctor can prescribe progesterone for you such as Prometrium

Dr. Owen :

More than likely the bleeding is just from the changes that you are going through.

Dr. Owen :

If the bleeding increases and you are soaking through a pad every 1 to 2 hours, then you should go to the Emergency room

Customer:

well this is my 4th pregnacy but I only have 2 kids because my last pregnacy the baby never formed and im worried now about it happening again

Customer:

i have never had spotting with any other but i know every pregnacy is diffrent

Dr. Owen :

I understand...that is why if this is continuing tomorrow - then call your ob/gyn to get a Progesterone level.

Dr. Owen :

but honestly an Urgent care center really will not do much other than tell you to see your ob/gyn, and IF you are bleeding heavy, the urgent care will transfer you to an Emergency room.

Dr. Owen :

Also there is really very little that can be done with bleeding that is light in early pregnancy other than check your HCG pregnancy hormone and your Progesterone level

Dr. Owen :

I know you are anxious about this - and I do hope everything is okay

Customer:

ok so as long as its not heavy and stops by tomorrow should not worry

Dr. Owen :

that is correct

Dr. Owen :

but even if it stops, still make sure you get seen on Friday for an ultrasound in the ob/gyn office

Customer:

thank you this helps

Dr. Owen :

you are very welcome

Dr. Owen :

Have a good night