OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Is a .07cm cyst on my right breast dangerous?

is a .07cm cyst on my right breast dangerous?
9/23/2013
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Well most of the time a cyst is NOT dangerous - but if this is new - then you should get this followed up with an alternate means of evaluating this such as with an Ultrasound and/or a FNA (Fine needle Biopsy).

Customer:

Hi Dr. Owen. I went for a mammogram last year and was called back for a second one and an ultrasound. Everything was ok. I guess I had a 1 cm cyst on my right breast. This year Sept. 10/13 I went for a mammogram and was called back again. I have a .07 cm cyst on my right breast. It has gotten smaller. I am going for a mammogram on Sep.t 25/13 Should I be worried?

Dr. Owen :

Actually this is very small - and honestly I don't think you need to worry - but I do suggest making sure this does get evaluated fully if there is a change towards being bigger

Customer:

Thank you so much. In other words the smaller the cyst the better

Dr. Owen :

yes, that is correct

Dr. Owen :

a 0.07cm cyst - that is very small

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)