OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Dr. can you please help me with my leep results

8/16/2013
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

How may I help you?

Dr. Owen :

hi

Customer:

yes can you help with results

Dr. Owen :

yes - but I need to see the results?

Customer:

I just had a leep done because my doctor kept getting good colpos so he did a leep

Dr. Owen :

ok - but what is the result - that is WHAT I need to know to help you

Customer:

cervix: small focus of Low grade squamos intraepithial lesion neoplasa cin 1

Dr. Owen :

okay - is that all?

Customer:

the endocervix, ectocervical and deep stromal/ Submucosal of resectiomn are all free of the lesion

Dr. Owen :

Is there anything else?

Dr. Owen :

okay - well this sounds like a GREAT LEEP -

Customer:

endocercervix Single small detaches unoritiened

Dr. Owen :

The CIN 1 just means you had VERY LOW grade dysplasia (precancer) - NOT a cancer - so you do NOT need to worry.

Customer:

dysplastuic squamos consistent with low grade

Dr. Owen :

the OTHER parts are Normal

Customer:

Are they?

Dr. Owen :

okay - YOU DO NOT need to worry about this LEEP

Customer:

really? what about the endocervix portion of it?

Dr. Owen :

this is Just a low grade Precancer - and the LEEP treats this and REMOVES it - which is what it did - so you have been completely treated.

Dr. Owen :

nothing to worry about

Dr. Owen :

Now if you smoke - you need to stop

Dr. Owen :

that is about the only thing you need to do -

Customer:

Do you think my paps will go back to normal?

Dr. Owen :

Yes they will as long as you do NOT smoke

Customer:

will I ever test negative for hpv?

Customer:

I don't smoke at all

Dr. Owen :

Yes the test for HPV will become negative - usually about 6 months to a year from now.

Dr. Owen :

and GOOD, I'm glad you do not smoke so therefore you should have a NORMAL PAP in about 6 months from now.

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Customer:

The reminder of the specimen consists of fragments of benign endocervical epithelium and a predominant portion of ectocervix with no evidence of squamos intraeithlium lesion including examation of margins of resection

Dr. Owen :

I hope I have reassured you - and you really do Not need to worry about this

Customer:

Is this considered clear margins?

Dr. Owen :

fragments - etc - they are all NORMAL - do NOT worry - all those BIG words are just description of what was seen - but it is NORMAL

Dr. Owen :

Yes you have clear margins

Customer:

This has all been so stressful

Dr. Owen :

that is what "no evidence of squamos intraeithlium lesion including examation of margins of resection" means

Dr. Owen :

I understand

Dr. Owen :

but you do NOT have cancer -

Dr. Owen :

and you are all clear

Dr. Owen :

so do not worry any more

Dr. Owen :

Have a GREAT weekend and you should be fine

Customer:

Does the leep usually resolve this cin 1

Customer:

even if it is in the endocervix?

Dr. Owen :

Yes this will resolve the CIN

Dr. Owen :

IT does not matter where the location is - it will resolve it

Customer:

Thanks doc. I got my results but, I see the doc friday. I of course didn't understand the report

Dr. Owen :

Well I hope I have helped

Customer:

You don't think anything more serious can be missed with the leep?

Dr. Owen :

you have NOTHING to worry about

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

We appreciate Positive ratings / feedback for helping you

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

We only get credit for the time we help you if you give us a Positive rating, thank you

Dr. Owen :

Hello - Are you there?

Dr. Owen :

Hi - are you there?

Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)