OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and just noticed a VERY pale possibly

pinkish or tannish spot on...
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and just noticed a VERY pale possibly pinkish or tannish spot on the toilet paper after I urinated. I wiped twice and saw a tiny pale spot both times. After that, have been to the bathroom multiple times and nothing. Do I need to worry?
8/3/2013
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Welcome and thank you for your question.
This type of very mild spotting usually occurs from engorged cervical veins in the later weeks of pregnancy.
If you have no abdominal pain and there are no uterine contractions, fetal movements are OK, then this is not of concern.
Nevertheless, please consult your Obgyn - getting an ultrasound done to check on the pregnancy would be a good idea.
I hope this helps.

Funny enough I just had an ultrasound earlier today to check on growth (as she has a marginal cord insertion). Heart rate was good, they used doppler on placenta and cord to check the insertion, and that looked good, she has been very active, growth is perfect. Do I need to call and have another ultrasound since the color happened?

No, if the ultrasound today was good, then you do not need another ultrasound - the bleeding is likely to be form the cervical blood vessels.
Your pregnancy is OK.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor