Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

My left breast is quite a lot larger than my right and my

My left breast is quite a lot larger than my right and my left side is larger than the right. They are not painful, but are "in the way". When dressed they are not too noticeable to others, but what could cause suuch a thing?
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Well a breast that gets noticeably larger and I see that you are 81 - the concern will be a possibly cyst or a possible cancer - so honestly I would suggest a breast exam and also a breast mammogram to see if there really is anything physically wrong.

Dr. Owen :

Another possibility is that this could be an elevation in the hormone called Prolactin - so this should be checked with a Prolactin blood test,.

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

hi

Dr. Owen :

I'm here

Customer:

You haven't given me even a hint of what the cause could be. Looks like I will spend a lot more money to get a reply. I am not happy.

Dr. Owen :

Yes I did

Dr. Owen :

the cause could be a CYST, a Cancer, or a possibly increase in your Prolactin level

Dr. Owen :

Did you not see that when I initially wrote that for you .

Dr. Owen :

I wrote that in my very first sentence

Dr. Owen :

And, as a woman who is 81, the you need to get this evaluated for a possible breast cancer - because that would be something that would be concerning.

Dr. Owen :

but the other possibilities would be a collection of fluid called a Cyst

Dr. Owen :

or you might have an elevation of Prolactin that comes from Pituitary gland - which can cause the breast to enlarge

Dr. Owen :

Please if you have more questions, please ask

Dr. Owen :

Can you See everything I am writing?

Customer:

I beg you to forgive me. I did not see your reply and I do thank you for your input. I had a mammogram and that was good, so will see an OB doctor to see about the possible prolactin. Again thanks.

Dr. Owen :

that is okay

Dr. Owen :

you are very welcome

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well