OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Dr owen i have a question we r on our way. To orlando and

Dr owen its me again...
Dr owen its me again i have a question we r on our way. To orlando and ofcourse because of my anxiety i am scared for clots. I did buy compression stockins my dr recommended 20/30 and. All i could find was mens the pharmasist measured and gave me size medium. And said it would feel tight but thats god. I just put them on and it does feel tight is that good
8/2/2013
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Good morning

Dr. Owen :

You are up early

Customer:

well hes we getting ready to go so more anxieties about clots and stuff

Customer:

did u read my question also is that ok that they rnrolling a bit at the top

Customer:

r u there

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Dr. Owen :

Well it does need to be a little tight - as they are Compression stockings

Customer:

i have about a minute before we leave

Dr. Owen :

and the important part is that you need to keep moving around, even if you are driving around

Customer:

yes theybr i got pressure 20/30 size m pharmasist measured me

Dr. Owen :

so moving your legs and feet around while driving and sitting

Customer:

how to move around

Dr. Owen :

that is fine

Dr. Owen :

that size is okay

Customer:

how often should i be moving

Dr. Owen :

about every 2 hours

Customer:

they r rolling a bit on top

Dr. Owen :

so if driving - stop every 2 hours to walk, go to use the bathroom, etc

Dr. Owen :

that is okay to roll on top

Customer:

yes we plan to stop every two hours. its will be*****/p>

Dr. Owen :

great

Dr. Owen :

so relax

Dr. Owen :

enjoy your trip

Customer:

so if i feel tight its good it will not cut off my circulation

Dr. Owen :

yes that is fine

Customer:

yes thanku i am freaking out u see what anxiety does to person i speak to a doctor at 5 am

Dr. Owen :

to check your circulation if your feet are still a normal color then you are fine

Dr. Owen :

Don't freak out

Dr. Owen :

you are fine

Dr. Owen :

Have a good trip

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Customer:

so i should be taking the stockins off and on

Customer:

i was told theybrngood for the whole drive

Customer:

they r tuff to put on

Dr. Owen :

Yes take them on and off, you do NOT need to keep them on all the time - just when you are sedentary

Dr. Owen :

so really only if on a long trip or if you bed ridden - but you do NOT need them during sleep -

Customer:

so every two hours take them off for five minutes and when in a car put them on

Dr. Owen :

yes that would be fine

Customer:

what i am asking will be driving for elevem hours with stops every two hours ahould i keep them on

Dr. Owen :

You can leave them on for the car trip

Dr. Owen :

and then take them off when you get there

Dr. Owen :

leave them on during the entire car trip

Customer:

that what i was checking i will take them off at night

Dr. Owen :

what I am saying you really only should wear them during the car trip and remove them once you get there

Dr. Owen :

you do not need them on at night

Customer:

ok so again i feel tight and its ok

Dr. Owen :

your body moves at night

Dr. Owen :

yes it is okay

Customer:

ok got ot

Customer:

it

Dr. Owen :

you are welcome

Dr. Owen :

have a great trip

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)