Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Years ago I had a hysterectomy and they left the cervix in

Years ago I had a hysterectomy and they left the cervix in place (no ovaries now). Now I have severe low back pain and a slight orange discharge. What is it please?
Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.
Your symptoms suggest that you could have developed cervicitis - inflammation of the cervix. This can cause the slight orangish discharge as well as the back pain. The cervix is connected to the lower spine and back muscles by ligaments and any inflammation of the cervix can cause a radiating pain from the back.
Another cause could be a growth in the cervix - this too can cause a orangish discharge but backpain is less common.
Please consult an Obgyn fro an examination.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How could cervicitis have developed as have no man in my life

Cervicitis can develop even without sexual intercourse. The bacteria can travel up the vagina from the surrounding skin.
Also, after the menopause, the vaginal and cervical tissues become fragile and less resistant to infection. This makes infections more likely.
I hope this helps.