How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9032
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to a gynecologist for pelvic pain he suggested to me

This answer was rated:

I went to a gynecologist for pelvic pain he suggested to me to have laparoscope don to check for endometriosis. The thing is I have already been having a lot of pain with this for a month can't eat or drink anything is that what you would usually recommend to wait for a month to see if the pain will go away.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today. Can I have more details please?
- Does the pain occur constantly throughout the month or does it occur only during the periods?
- Does the pain increase or occur during sex?
- Where exactly is the pain? if you were asked to point with one finger at the site of pain, where would you point at the pelvic region? Left lower side, right lower side etc?
- Since when have you had the pain? Has it increased since you first had it?
- Does it increase when you eat? Or when you have a BM?
- Do you have diarrhea or constipation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is constantly, not currently having sex, lower right side, yes And no , constipation
Thank you for the additional information.
Endometriosis is a condition in which bits of the endometrium (the inner uterine lining) develop in sites other than the uterus. This causes pain which is generally more during the periods ( since the endometrium bleeds during the periods).
The pain from endometriosis is usually not constant.
Pain in the lower right side which is constant and affecting your eating is more likely to originate from the colon. Conditions like IBS, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis can cause this type of pain.
This type of pain can also be due to pelvic inflammatory diseases. Please ask your gynecologist to order an ultrasound as well as take a vaginal swab for a lab test.
While you do need a laparoscoy to rule out endometriosis, you also need a stool test and a colonoscopy to check out the colon.
You do not need to wait for a month for a diagnosis. Please consult a internal medicine specialist or a specialist in gastrointestinal diseases.
Meanwhile please take Ibuprofen 200mg thrice a day after food - it is available without a prescription.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you need a referral from your primary doctor to see these specialists?
No, You can consult them directly.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you