Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

Owen - we spoke the other day about my spotting 6 days post

hey dr owen - we spoke the other day about my spotting 6 days post embryo transfer. i am now 9 days post transfer an the spotting stopped after the 6th day. last night i had really bad cramping, twinges and pinches in my stomach and im worried AF is on the way (although usually i don't get these cramps right before my period) - I wanted to know if this could mean i am pregnant. i wanted to know if this could be a bad sign? can i take tylenol?
can i cut back at all on my progesterone, i am too bloated!
also my breasts are sore - my blood work is scheduled for saturday but i think i will take an HPT tomorrow. is it possible for AF to come even while on progesterone? thanks - i'd love to do the live chat again.
Dr. Owen : Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.
Dr. Owen : Hello
Dr. Owen : Do not cut back on the progesterone - YOU NEED the progesterone to stay pregnant
Dr. Owen : Think of Progesterone as PRO-Gestational
Dr. Owen : and also you can use tylenol for helping with pain and cramping
Customer:

ok i have just read about a lot of people taking much less than me im taking 400 mg a day

Customer:

but i will continue it

Dr. Owen : YES do a pregnancy test tomorrow - it would be the earliest it would be accurate
Customer:

ok

Customer:

is the cramping normal even if pregnant?

Customer:

its like twinges in my belly

Dr. Owen : Well the dosage of the progesterone is 150 to 500 per day
Dr. Owen : so you are fine with that
Dr. Owen : The cramping is normal - and nothing to worry about
Customer:

will the bloating decrease once i go off progesterone, it has gotten so bad ? that along with the estrace.

Customer:

what is the Estrace for?

Customer:

also have headaches as well as breast tenderness, all of these symptoms usually start a week before AF now they are starting later

Dr. Owen : WEll you are more than likely the progesterone will stay until you are about 9 to 11 weeks pregnant - and the bloating will decrease it really will
Dr. Owen : The estrace is just for support of the uterine lining - and this will usually be stopped by the time you get a positive pregnancy test
Customer:

ok

Dr. Owen : I wish you well
Dr. Owen : try to stay calm and have a great weekend
Customer:

i have never had this type of cramping it does worry me

Customer:

but i will try to be calm

Customer:

ok

Dr. Owen : I understand
Dr. Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT
Dr. Owen : Thank you
Dr. Owen : Dr Owen
Dr. Owen : HI
Dr. Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Dr. Owen : Thank you
Dr. Owen : Are you there?
Dr. Owen : we only get credit for helping you when you click on EXCELLENT
Dr. Owen : Thank you
Dr. Owen : Hi - Are you there?
Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hi -

Dr. Owen :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes i clicked on excellent

Dr. Owen :

try again

Dr. Owen :

it did not work

Dr. Owen :

sometimes it can take a bit

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

take care

Dr. Owen :

Also if you are on the East coast today - Stay cool - it is going to be Hot out there...