Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I just knew that I got syphillis And I do not know what

Hi
I just knew that I got syphillis
And I do not know what should I do
The doctor told me to take penicillin for three weeks once a week.
But what else should I do and what else should I avoid.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I can help you with your medical problem today.
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease. Penicillin is the right treatment for it and it is entirely curable with this drug.
You will need to ask your sexual partner to go in for a checkup and get treated too - they will need treatment even if they do not have any obvious symptoms. Please avoid sexual relations with anyone until the sores are healed and you are completely symptom free.
Please get tested for HIV - You are at increased risk of HIV if you have syphilis.
There is nothing much other than this that you need to do - you do not need to avoid any specific food or activity while being treated. Maintain strict hygiene so that any vaginal sores that you may have are not secondarily infected by other bacteria.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would it be transmitted to people around me by touch or anything?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Got extra question about the same case
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Got extra question about the same case
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Got extra question about the same case
Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.
Hello
How may I help you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Got extra question about the same case
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would it be transmitted to other people from me by touching or anything. Even if without sex?
Hello
Actually you can Not give syphilis to others just by touching them -
You actually have to have sex to transmit syphilis to others.
And, while you are being treated try not to have sex until you have been confirmed with a follow up test not to have syphilis anymore once you have been treated.
In addition, if you can see if you can get an injection of Bicillin - this is a better medication to treat syphilis and you really only need one injection to treat this.
I hope this helps
If you have more questions, please ask
Please click on EXCELLENT on this answer - this would be appreciated and I would be very happy to answer ore questions
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bicilline would be better than penicillin?
My doctor told me I should check again in three months. Should I wait all this time or would I take the three penicillin injections he told me about for three weeks and have the test?
So it's transmitted by sperm activity, right?
Hi
This is not transmitted by sperm - this is transmitted by someone who actually has syphlis already - so it is the sexually activity of having sex with someone who has syphilis Not the sperm
Sperm itself do not carry syphilis.
And, the recommendation around the world is the Injection for syphilis - the only time to use the pills is when you do not have access to the injection - so if you can get the injection - get the injection instead.
And, then once you are done with treatment - get retested - and usually you only have to wait a month to have sex again.
I hope this helps
Please click on EXCELLENT on this Answer - this would be appreciated for helping you
Thank you *****
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate