Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I have some rectal mucosal prolapse when I strain, and I

I have some rectal mucosal prolapse when I strain, and I also have a small urogenital fistula 'high up' that only leaks when a tampon is put up in a certain avoidable position. Neither condition has ever bothered me, at least not yet. I'm afraid of them getting worse. Would these as-yet minor conditions make doctors likely to suggest cesarean birth?
Welcome and thank you for your question.
I am afraid that yes, these conditions, especially the rectal mucosal prolapse are indications for a cesarian birth. During a normal childbirth, the huge increase in abdominal pressure while pushing the baby may cause the rectal prolapse to increase drastically - this may entail a surgery to repair the prolapse later on.
A urogenital fistula may also increase in size when the tissues stretch during a normal childbirth and may need surgery.
I hope this helps.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.