OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My doctor preformed a sonohystergram today, I was having

heavy bleeding and large clotting...
my doctor preformed a sonohystergram today, I was having heavy bleeding and large clotting for months with spotting inbetween. She found a very large polyp in the uterus and one small one in the vagina. She has scheduled me for surgery to have a hysterocope, polyp removal via Myosure, and a d&c. I am 44 years old. Is it unusual to preform all these procedures at once? and I cannot find any info on polyps in the vagina. what should I expect after all these procedures in one day and what is the recovery like?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2013
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello

Dr. Pfeiffer :

yes, this is very common to do all these procedures at once...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

and, while it sounds like a lot of work, really, you're looking at approximately 15 minutes for everything.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

upon awakening you might have some mild cramping, but typically this is tolerated very well.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

there may be some mild spotting for a few days afterwords, but nothing real heavy.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

the polyp in the vagina is most likely coming from the cervix and protruding into the vagina.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

shows you are offline right now...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

so, if you have additional questions or need clarification please just ask.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

thanks

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

thank you!

Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor