OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I would like to ask a GYN question. When a middle age woman

I would like to ask...
I would like to ask a GYN question. When a middle age woman "squirts" when she has an orgasm with vaginal penetration is she simply leaking urine or is this a kind of female ejaculation or could it be a combo of both? She doesn't have any known bladder problems or stress incontinence. It's a bit graphic but the "wet spot" does not have a urine odor. Thanks.
1/18/2013
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello

Dr. Pfeiffer :

it's most likely a combination of both.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

that said..women don't have ejaculation type spams that a male has.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

it's contractions of a gland that secrets a lubricant that can appear to 'squirt'

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer :

make sense?

Customer:

Yes Sir, The question was actually for me. I am an RN and know about physiology of course but just wanted to ask. I understand about the glands but do you think that the slight urine leaking is an effect of peri-menopause (I'm 52 but still having irregular cycles)? Is this release so to speak a foreshadowing of possible urine leakage problems in the future?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

have you had children vaginally?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

do you have stress or urge incontinence?

Customer:

No vag deliveries. Just c-section for twins at age 31. I do have urgency when I drink too many diet cokes but don't leak.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

so chances are it's not a foreshowdowing of the future....although there is always some potential for worsening

Dr. Pfeiffer :

kegals are the best to help maintain continence....sure you know that, but just adding.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

when you do become menopausal that's when you might see a change in continence as there are estrogen and progesterone receptors in the bladder and urethra.

Customer:

Ok thanks alot Dr. Pfeiffer. I have my annual in March and I'll talk to my GYN about it too. Trying to drink water instead of Diet Coke. Goodnight.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok..you're welcome.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

take care and good night

Dr. Pfeiffer :

thank you

Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor