OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

O ok so i told my mom can she make me an appointment to she…

Customer Question
O ok so i told...
O ok so i told my mom can she make me an appointment to she ob/gyn so what am i suppose to do now
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/8/2012
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 6 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dr. Owen :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Can you clarify what you are asking for?

Customer:

I told my mom to see if see can try and make me an appointment for the ob/gyn in akron, but i dont what what am i suppose to do when i see the ob/gyn.

Dr. Owen :

What are you problems?

Dr. Owen :

I'm sorry I can not see your previous question?

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

I'm here - stay online and I will answer you fast

Customer:

im trying to get pregnant but idk what to do

Dr. Owen :

what is idk?

Customer:

i dont know

Dr. Owen :

I'm sorry I'm an ob/gyn - but I don't understand stand some acronyms (a bit older than you).

Dr. Owen :

do you have regular periods?

Dr. Owen :

Are you sexually active?

Customer:

no i dont

Dr. Owen :

how often do you have a period?

Customer:

well i used to have periods for 5 days and now im only having periods thats lasting 3 days

Dr. Owen :

That is fine?

Customer:

and once every month

Dr. Owen :

but how often do you Start a period?

Dr. Owen :

So, can you predict when you have a period?

Customer:

well i had two periods last month.

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

do you have any medical problems?

Dr. Owen :

What is your height and weight?

Customer:

no i dont

Customer:

im 5 foot 1 and i weigh 114

Dr. Owen :

height and weight?

Dr. Owen :

okay - that is good

Dr. Owen :

So essentially you have some irregular periods, is that about all?

Dr. Owen :

Are sexually active too on a regular basis?

Customer:

not at all but i do be having alot of sexual hornmones and sleeping alot

Customer:

but i do have sex but not every day

Dr. Owen :

Okay

Dr. Owen :

When was the last time you had a physical exam>

Customer:

i think it was when i was 17 or 18.

Dr. Owen :

Okay may I make some suggestions?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Owen :

Well you do need an ob/gyn exam.

Customer:

o ok

Dr. Owen :

you should get evaluated for some irregular starting periods and at your age - you do need a Thyroid TSH blood test - as thyroid problems are common.

Dr. Owen :

Also, you should eat a very well balanced diet about 2500 calories per day at your weight.

Dr. Owen :

Then you should also excercise - this is good for you too.

Dr. Owen :

And, then you also should be taking Prenatal vitamins.

Dr. Owen :

And, then you should get seen by an ob/gyn

Dr. Owen :

And, here is the web site that will let you find an ob/gyn in your home town:

Customer:

what are they going to do when i get evaluted

Customer:

ok and what is that website

Dr. Owen :

The ob/gyn will do a pelvic exam

Customer:

and i do eat good food and exercise too.

Customer:

then what

Dr. Owen :

You might get a pelvic ultrasound too to check your ovaries too.

Dr. Owen :

And, you are just 19 so you do not need a PAP but some ob/gyn's might do it since you are trying to get pregnant.

Dr. Owen :

And, then check for any STDs with a 'swab' to check for Chlamydia and gonorrhea.

Dr. Owen :

And, that is about it.

Dr. Owen :

Then possibly offer suggestions as to when to have sex.

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Customer:

but i had gonorrhea before

Dr. Owen :

okay- well you would still be tested for it again - especially prior to getting pregnant

Dr. Owen :

It is part of a Prenatal visit

Customer:

o ok so do you know hosptial does it in akron,oh

Dr. Owen :

I am not in Akron - I'm in Virgina

Customer:

o ok

Dr. Owen :

And that is why I gave you the website - this is the way to find ANY Qualified ob/gyn in the US

Customer:

o ok

Dr. Owen :

just put your information into the website and you will be able to find a very good qualified ob/gyn to help you in person.

Dr. Owen :

I Hope this helps

Dr. Owen :

I wish you the best of luck

Dr. Owen :

Please click on ACCEPT

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)