OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Does cystitis give you blood clots that come out of the

Customer Question
vagina?...
Does cystitis give you blood clots that come out of the vagina?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/9/2012
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN replied 5 years ago
Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Dr. Tim, MD :

Hello, I would be happy to help you today with your question.

Dr. Tim, MD :

Are you experiencing "blood clots" out of the vagina?

Customer:

yes only a few yesterday

Dr. Tim, MD :

Was this around when you were expecting a period?

Customer:

no iam expecting my period the end of this week

Dr. Tim, MD :

To answer your question, sometimes in times of stress and illness, there can be some effect on your cycle. But in answer to your question, NO, cystitis does NOT casue vaginal bleeding or passage of clots.

Dr. Tim, MD :

Does this answer your question?

Customer:

so what do you think the blood clots could have been from while having the infection

Dr. Tim, MD :

In reviewing your prior post, it sounds like you went off of the pill when you started the antibiotics. If this is true, then it would be normal to have some bleeding because of stopping the pill. It was related to stopping the pill, not the infection.

Dr. Tim, MD :

Does this answer your question now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Tim, MD :

If you are happy with my answer, please click ACCEPT now. I wish you the best of luck!!

Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN