OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Weird feeling AFTER I pee, kind of annoying. Just a little

Customer Question
bit of pain....
Weird feeling AFTER I pee, kind of annoying. Just a little bit of pain.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: OB GYN
4/19/2012
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. C., Board Certified replied 5 years ago
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Dr. C. :

I am glad to help you. Answers are intended to provide general medical information only.

Dr. C. :

This is typical for a bladder infection.

Dr. C. :

Bladder infections are very common in women in their 20s.

Dr. C. :

Home treatment to try would be to drink lots of water and take cranberry extract.

Dr. C. :

Sometimes if the infection hasn't taken hold, it can treat it well enough.

Dr. C. :

But if that doesn't work and the symptoms get worse, then a prescription antibiotic will be needed.

Dr. C. :

The other possibility is that occasionally chlamydia can cause similar symptoms.

Customer: I am on antibiotic for a uti, well that's what they think it is from
Customer: Blood and white blood cells in my urine. Been on it since Monday, still annoying frelings
Dr. C. :

It could be that it's the wrong antibiotic.

Dr. C. :

Did they send the urine for culture?

Dr. C. :

By now it should have worked.

Customer: Yes abd haven't heard anything
Dr. C. :

The culture should be back by now.

Customer: It doesn't feel as bad as it dead but still annoyibg
Dr. C. :

Calling the clinic to ask for the culture results and to let them know you're still having symptoms would be a good idea.

Customer: I go back Monday but it's stressing me out. I'm scared it is something serious
Dr. C. :

Most likely the bacteria was a different type and needed a different antibiotic then they gave you.

Dr. C. :

When a woman presents with a UTI, they just have to start antibiotics based on what usually works.

Dr. C. :

But sometimes the culture shows the bacteria causing the infection are resistant to that antibiotics and we have to change antibiotics.

Customer: Ok. I was scared its like cancer
Dr. C. :

Also a chlamydia culture should be done if it wasn't already done.

Dr. C. :

No, no reason to think it has anything to do with cancer.

Dr. C. :

Most likely resistant bacteria with wrong antibiotic treatment or chlamydia which is completely treable with the right antibiotics too.

Dr. C. :

Anything else?

Customer: They originally thought it was yeast because my urine was negative. Now 2 weeks later but urine had stuff in it
Dr. C. :

Then calling for the culture results is really a good idea to see if anything grew. Also they most likely took a chlamydia culture?

Dr. C. :

The other possibility, especially if a woman is on birthcontrol pills or is thin, is that the tissue is thin from low estrogen. This can cause similar symptoms.

Customer: No they didn't, she just looked and saw yeast and told me that's what it was
Dr. C. :

In that case another visit would be a good idea. They should redip the urine, take a chlamydia culture and reexamine you.

Dr. C. :

But there is no cancer.

Dr. C. :

Anything else?

Dr. C. :

If not please click accept so that I get credit.

Dr. C. :

Hope you feel better soon.

Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified