Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

i had sore breasts and lower abdo cramps and swollen stomach

i had sore breasts and lower abdo cramps and swollen stomach with negative pregnancy test i have just started my menstraul cycle a week early and have just had a blood clot the size of 3 2pence pieces
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i had sore breasts and lower abdo cramps and swollen stomach with negative pregnancy test i have just started my menstraul cycle a week early and have just had a blood clot the size of 3 2pence pieces and now have stomach pain what could it be??????
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Well this could have been a possible miscarriage, a possible Implantation bleeding - so I would check a pregnancy test - and if the test is positive, this could be either of the above, but with pain - this could be an ectopic pregnancy and if so, this needs to be evaluated soon, even in the ER.
But, this is NOT that uncommon to have early periods too, and sometimes the pain and crampiness is just do to the blood / clots itself as blood itself can cause this.
Also, with stomach pain, you might have an ovarian cyst, you might even have an UTI - Urinary tract infection - so I would recommend getting this seen if you can to help you out.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT and if you have follow up questions, please ask
thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have never had a clot this size and it doesnt feel like a uti...
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Well - I would recommend doing a pregnancy test (and I have noticed it was negative - but if this was not done today - just repeat it to ensure that you are not). just to be sure this is not a pregnancy/ miscarriage/ ectopic pregnancy.
And, then this can just be a an early period too -
This could be an ovarian cyst, this could even be a thyroid disorder causing this -
Now, if you are having bleeding that is soaking through a PAD every 1 to 2 hours, then you should be seen in the Emergency room, but it not, then should be seen this coming week to get evaluated if you are still having this pain/ bleeding/ cramping.
thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am soacking a pad and a tampon every 1-2hours
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
If you are bleeding this much, then you should get seen in the ER as this is really too much bleeding to have -
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you