Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN
Experience:  Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator
62875722

A year ago I had a tubal ligation and starting this month

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** year ago I had a tubal ligation and starting this month January I have been feeling very sluggish,very tired,very nauseous,weight gain,been having to use the bathroom alot and mood swings.u had my cycle this month on the 16...I went to the doctor for a uti and I requested a blood test to see if im pregnant.my doctor refuse to do a blood test but did give me a urine test, I explain to him what I been going through but all he said was I thought you had your tubes tied..my urine test came back negative.so what am I suppose to do.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Lawrence replied 5 years ago.
drhunter :

Hi, I hope I can be of some assistance. Please click on accept if you are satisfied. Answers are for educational purposes only. A physican-patient relationship is not established.

drhunter :

Just to review, you have had your tubes tied, and this month has been tough from the standpoint of hormonal changes, weight gain, nausea, and fatigue. Your period started on 1/16/12 and multiple pregnancy tests were negative. Is this correct?

drhunter :

I am surprised your doctor refused a blood test if you were requesting it, but it is very unlikely that you are pregnant given the number of negative pregnancy tests, especially in the presence of your period.

drhunter :

I would certainly see your gyn. It may be necessary for you to be screened for a thyroid condition, or even diabetes. You could also have a blood test for pregnancy just to make sure.

drhunter :

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please click on accept so I am credited for my time and advice. Thank you.