Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I took a safeway brand blue dye pregnancy test a few days

Customer Question

I took a safeway brand blue dye pregnancy test a few days ago, there was a second faint thin line that appeared well within the time frame. It was easy to see (I even had my husband double check to make sure he saw it too.) But the next morning I took a first response pink dye test and there was no second line. Just wondering what I should think. I have PCOS and we have been trying for 2 years with no luck. I had a light "period" (no clots) a couple weeks ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Monika Hearne, M.D. replied 5 years ago.
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Hello, I would be happy to assist you.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

It certainly is possible this was a false positive test. This occurs more often when using off brand tests, or in all tests if read after too much time has passed. With PCOS, it is not impossible to become pregnant, but is difficult. I recommend you visit a gynecologist to obtain a prescription for Clomid, a pill to help you ovulate, in order to conceive. It certainly helps many women with PCOS.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

You can certainly repeat the test with another name brand test to break the tie (like Clear Blue). Alternatively, you can ask your gynecologist to perform a blood pregnancy test as well.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

I wish you the best. If you have additional questions, please ask. If none, please click "Accept." Thank you.