Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Outside of my girlfriend's vagina is swollen and red, 2

Customer Question

Outside of my girlfriend's vagina is swollen and red, 2 weeks ago she got an abortion, last time we had intercourse was about 5-6 weeks ago, this has been going on for last 4 days, it is sore and red down there on the outside, i want to know what this could possibly be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thanks for your question.
What is her age?
Any vaginal discharge?
Fever?
Itching?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She is 29 not itchy no fever no vaginal discharge just red and sore on the outside of her vigina she says it sore when she washes down there she normally wears a tampons but since the abortion she been wearing a pad only discharge is blood from the abortion
Vaginitis is the medical term for the inflammation of vagina.Vulvitis is an inflammation of the vulva (the visible external genitalia).
As such the reddish and sore area you describe are classical signs of inflammation.
This can indeed be due to infection and she may require antibiotics.
She should be seen by her obs/gyn doctor for physical examination for further management.