OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My menstruation start today and i want to get pregnant

Customer Question
please how can i calculate...
my menstruation start today and i want to get pregnant please how can i calculate my ovulation period
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: OB GYN
9/5/2011
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 6 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Clomid is started early in the menstrual cycle and is taken for five days either from cycle days 3 through 7, or from day 5 through 9.
Day one is counted as the first day of menstrual bleeding. Clomid is started early in the menstrual cycle and is taken for five days either from cycle days 3 through 7, or from day 5 through 9. For women that do not ovulate on their own, the average day that ovulation occurs is about 8 to 10 days after completing a 5 day course of Clomid. That means that a woman taking Clomid on days 5-9 will often ovulate on about day 16-20 of the cycle. However, there is significant variation in how long it takes ovulate using Clomid. Some will ovulate much later - as late as two or three weeks after the last clomiphene tablet.
It is best to have intercourse on the day of ovulation possible. You should use ovulation predictor kits which are urine tests that the woman can do at home. These kits are designed to detect the presence of the LH surge in the body. The LH surge in the blood begins approximately 36 hours before ovulation. The ovulation prediction test is usually done in the mornings. Sex on the day it turns positive or the next morning is best for fertility. Clomid can cause a false positive in OPKs if taken too soon after finishing the prescription. According to most of the manufacturers you should wait at least 3 days before using an OPK. If you take Clomid days 3-7 you can begin testing on day 10. If you take it 5-9, you should wait until day 12.
Any questions?
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
my period start today 5th sept so when can i take the clomid aplease count the date of my ovulation please
You should start to take 7th or 9th for 5 days. If you start on 7th, the ovulation would occur between 18th and 22nd. If you start on 9th, it would occur between 20th and 24th. You should use home ovulation predictor kits if you don't have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). If you have it, you cannot use home ovulation predictor kits because your hormone called LH is always high. The best way is you have ultrasound to check the size of the follicles in your doctor's office around the possible ovulation date. Otherwise you can check ovulation signs and symptoms at home.
Ovulation signs and symptoms may include:
Abdominal cramps. For some women, ovulation triggers mild abdominal cramps.
Change in vaginal secretions. Just before ovulation, you might notice an increase in clear, slippery vaginal secretions — if you look for it. These secretions typically resemble raw egg whites. After ovulation, when the odds of becoming pregnant are slim, the discharge will become cloudy and sticky or disappear entirely. I think it is a convenient method.
Change in basal body temperature. Your basal body temperature, or your body's temperature at rest, increases slightly during ovulation. Using a digital thermometer or a thermometer specifically designed to measure basal body temperature, take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed. Plot the readings on graph paper or in a spreadsheet and look for a pattern to emerge. You'll be most fertile during the two to three days before your temperature rises.
please how many months can someone take clomid to get the result, i have try 1st month so i am trying the 2nd month now, so tell me
There is no set number of cycles of Clomid that should be done before moving on to other fertility treatments. Several variables are involved in the decision about moving on to more aggressive therapy.
Some important variables are:
Female age is an issue. Relatively fewer cycles should be done with an older female partner. Clomid probably should not be used at all if the female is 40 or older because of the significantly reduced fertility potential.
If the female is under 38 years old and the sperm is good, 3 months of clomiphene cycles (with good ovulation) are often tried.
The patient's own sense of urgency, financial considerations and other personal factors will often be part of their decision about when to move on to other fertility options.
Clomid is usually started at a dose of one tablet (50mg) daily - taken any time of day.
If you do not ovulate on the starting dose,then a 100mg dose of Clomid is tried.
If you do not ovulate on a 100 mg dose, then 150mg is sometimes tried.
Infertility specialists and some gynecologists will monitor the development of follicles with "follicle checks" by ultrasound scans with or without monitoring blood hormones during clomiphene treatment cycles. This approach allows clarification of the level of response and is a good way to determine the proper timing for sex or intrauterine insemination. Usually when Clomid cycles are monitored an HCG trigger injection will be given to the female when the growing follicle(s) is at a mature size. The HCG trigger injection acts in the body just like an LH surge would and ovulation would be expected to occur approximately 36 to 40 hours after the injection.
When follicle scans are used with Clomid along with an HCG injection, the ideal follicle size for getting mature eggs is about 20 to 30 mm diameter at the time of the hCG injection.
Ultrasound and blood testing during Clomid cycles will also show us when no mature follicles are developing in response to the medication. In those cases we know that we will need to try a higher dose of Clomid, or move on to another form of therapy.
Sometimes clomiphene is used in conjunction with injectable gonadotropins, particularly when the female is not responding and ovulating well with Clomid alone. Injectable gonadotropins contain FSH hormone. Therefore we can boost the FSH level in the blood by adding the injectable FSH product. There are several protocols for adding the injectables in a Clomid cycle. It is important to monitor follicle development with ultrasound scans and blood hormone levels when injectable FSH products are used. This is because using Follistim, Gonal-F, Menopur, or Bravelle (injectable FSH brand names) with Clomid can greatly increase the follicle number. One example of a monitored Clomid + injectable protocol is shown here:
Clomiphene pills taken days 3 to 7
Start injectable FSH product (Follistim, Gonal-F, Bravelle, Menopur) on day 10 at a dose of 75 units per day
Monitor response with estradiol and LH blood levels and ultrasound follicle scans starting on day 13
Repeat monitoring visits as indicated by the egg production response in the ovaries
Trigger ovulation with 10,000 units of HCG when one or two follicles are measuring about 17 to 19mm in diameter
It is very important to avoid stimulation of too many mature (or close to mature) follicles because of the risks of multiple pregnancies including twins, triplets and higher.
Infertility specialist clinics will often add intrauterine insemination to clomiphene cycles in order to increase the chance for pregnancy. Insemination is particularly beneficial for women that already ovulate on their own and are using the Clomid to get extra egg production.

HI, in JANUARY THIS YEAR I HAVE AN ABORTION, I MONTH AND 2 WEEKS. so now i want to get pregnant and keep the pregnancy, but it is not coming. but i notice i get pregnant during. cold period. like november, december. so advice me if i have to wait. or because of the abortion that causes it or i have to wait till november just like the time i was pregnant before.

It is not related to the weather.
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? If so, over what period of time?
Do you have regular periods?
Do you have a severe pain during periods?
Have you had a pelvic exam and ultrasound lately?
Did you use clomid when you got pregnant?
Do you have excessive facial or body hair? Do you have thinning hair on the skull? Do you have acne increased? Do you have irregular periods?
Do you feel you are always thirsty and drink a lot of liquid? Do you go to the bathroom frequently? Is your appetite increased? Do you crave sweets?
Abnormal vaginal discharge?
Did you check your ovulation?
Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?
Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any medical problems?
Any surgeries?
Are you taking any medications including OTC pills and herbs?
Any family medical history?
i have little hair on my face, i did not use clomid, when i was pregnant before. i am 170 tall and i weigh 85kilo. i dont have any abnormal vaginal discharge. i have ultrasound during the last abortion. i have acne always on my face . during my period i dont have severe pain just little pain. no medical problems and no surgeries, after the last abortion i gain some weight. my appetite is not increased.
Did you have any other pregnancy before the abortion?
Do you have regular periods?
Do you have problem adjusting to cold or hot temperature? Do you feel you are always tired? Dry skin? Fragile nails? Tremor? Loss of outer eyebrows? Hair loss? Bowel problem? Sleep problem? Palpitations? Voice change? Nervousness?
Did you have your ovaries checked with the ultrasound?
i have had pregnancy before the abortion. but i have not given birth to any baby,but right now i am ready . i dont have sleep problem .i dont feel tired. i have not check my ovaries so i will do so as soon as possible.. normally i have dry skin that is my nature of my skin.
i have had pregnancy before the abortion. but i have not given birth to any baby,but right now i am ready . i dont have sleep problem .i dont feel tired. i have not check my ovaries so i will do so as soon as possible.. normally i have dry skin that is my nature of my skin. lat month my period was on the 5th august, then this month was the same 5 th september
If your partner is not the same person when you had the abortion, he should have his sperms checked at first. It could save your time and money because women's infertility problems take time to be examined.
There are some possibilities.
1. polycystic ovary syndrome: The cause is imbalances of hormones. The possible symptoms are overweight, diabetes, male pattern hair growth, excessive acne, multiple cysts of ovaries, loss of libido, irregular periods, infertility.
2. Development of scar tissue in the uterus or blockage of the tubes after D & C: It is rare.
You should have have a pelvic exam, ultrasound, a blood test (fasting glucose, testosterone, DHEAS, prolactin, TSH), hysteroscopy, and hysterosalpingogram (HSG).
Hysteroscopy: A hysteroscopy is a way for your doctor to look at the lining of your uterus. He or she uses a thin viewing tool called a hysteroscope. The tip of the hysteroscope is put into your vagina and gently moved through the cervix into the uterus. The hysteroscope has a light and camera hooked to it so your doctor can see the lining (endometrium) on a video screen. It may be done to see if a problem in your uterus is preventing you from becoming pregnant (infertility). A hysteroscopy can be used to remove growths in the uterus, such as scar tissue, fibroids or polyps.
Hysterosalpingogram: A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant (infertile). During a hysterosalpingogram, a dye (contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray (fluoroscopy) as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg.
Any questions?

it is the same person iam with right now and when i also had an abortion

Ok. He doesn't need to have his sperms checked.

i feel sweating during taking clomid is it normal

Hot flashes are the common side effect. The side effect may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine.
i notice since i started clomid treatment my stomach is balance no more unusual pain anymore and i pray i get pregnant this time i know this is the second month of my treatment of clomid
What is your question?
my question is does clomid treatment treat pains in the stomach because i notice i dont have pain anymore and this is my second month of trying clomid
Can you tell me more the pain in the stomach?
Exactly where is the pain? On a scale of 1-10, what is it? What does it feel like? Which is more painful when you press in or let go? Does it radiate to anywhere else? Does anything make it better? Does anything make it worse? When did it start? Is it constant? Is it getting worse?
you dont understand, i said before i have pains in my stomach when i started clomid the pain disappear
I understand it. Clomid causes ovulation. Before clomid, you may have had other functional cysts that causes pain in addition to the ovulated cyst. After clomid, you might ovulate multiple eggs and no other functional cysts were left.
how many eggs can one ovulate, with clomid and when is the best time for sex during clomid.
Up to 5 eggs.
Ovulation generally occurs about 14 days prior to the onset of the next menstrual period. Therefore, when the menstrual cycle length is known for the woman's typical Clomid cycle, then intercourse can be timed to fall about 12 to 16 days prior to the expected date for the next period. For example, if the woman has a 32 day cycle length on Clomid, then she is probably ovulating on about day 18. A good plan for having intercourse would be to have sex on about days 16, 18 and 20.

my period was 5th , and i have taken clomid treatment. this month so can you calculate my ovulation for me .. so that i can follow the days, and i also have sex the last day of after i complet the dose

When are you expecting next period?
i want you to calculate for me i have my period 5th of this month and i have taking clomid. so calculate ovulation for me,and i am still sweting after 3 days of my comletion of clomid.
When did you take the last pill?
the last pill was taken on the 11
The average day that ovulation occurs is about 8 to 10 days after completing a 5 day course of Clomid. Therefore, you would ovulate between Sep. 19th and 21st.
You should have intercourse on Sep. 17th, 19th, 21st, and 23rd. You should check ovulation with home ovulation kit after Sep 14th if you don't have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).
how many cycles can be try to get pregnant. i am on the second cycle
I already mentioned about it.
There is no set number of cycles of clomid that should be done before moving on to other fertility treatments. If his sperms are good, 3 months of clomiphene cycles (with good ovulation) are often tried. You may increase the dosage (up to 150 mg). You may combine clomid with other medications such as FSH and HCG.
what is fsh and hcg, and again i usually have night sweat is it normal
FSH is a hormone that makes follicles become mature to release eggs.
HCG is a hormone that makes matured follicles release eggs.
Do you have hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, loss of libido, irregular periods?

i have hot flashes that night sweat each night i sleep

That's a common side effect of clomid.

but i have already completed the last pill on the 11 but still sweating each night

The half-life is 5-7 days. You still have a lot of clomid in your blood.
i have no good sleep, sweating so much when did you think it will stop
It would last within 6 weeks. If you don't like the side effect, you should try FSH plus HCG.

thanks i cross my fingers for the best

You are welcome.
Hope you get pregnant soon.

if some one still have a lot of clomid in the blood is it a good thing

Sorry I can't understand your question. Can you explain about your question?

how many days can you calculate for my cycle last month was 5th august then this month was the same 5th september. so calculate how many days cycle i have and the best time for ovulation. but my last clomid pill was taken on the 11 september.

As I mentioned before, you would ovulate between Sep. 19th and 21st.

but i have taken clomid, is it the same 19 september i am going to ovulate

how many days does ovulation take place and from what date to what date my last clomid was taken on the 11 so how many days will i ovulate.

The average day that ovulation occurs is about 8 to 10 days after completing a 5 day course of Clomid. Therefore, you would ovulate between Sep. 19th and 21st. I can't tell you exactly the date.
You will ovulate once in each cycle. So you will ovulate for 1 day.
what about if i have intercourse on the 20 , 21 and 23 is it ok because my man comes on the 20 .
If you ovulate on 19, you could not make it. But you should try it. Cross your fingers.

how many days does ovulation last in a month you said 17 , 19, 21, 23 but iwas able to make it my man was still around yesterday on the 19, so which means i will still have intercourse on the 21, and 23.

Only one ovulation occurs in a month. The egg survives for 24 hours. Sperms survive for 5 days in the vagina. Since you are suppose to ovulate once between Sep. 19th and 21st, you should have intercourse at least on 21st. 23rd is for sure just in case.

thanks, ***** ***** am feeling ovulation pain in my stomach i hope everything work fine for me i will try 21 and 23 i have try on the 19. thanks a lot

You are welcome.
Hope you get pregnant.
as far as i follow your step and guildlines it must work.
hello, i notice this very month my ovulation pain is reduce, normally i usually have very strong pain but i notice a little pain just yesterday. what did you think is because of the clomid treatment , i have taken. what is yr suggestion
You should take a home ovulation test to see if you ovulate or not. You should also check the change in vaginal secretions.
Change in vaginal secretions. Just before ovulation, you might notice an increase in clear, slippery vaginal secretions — if you look for it. These secretions typically resemble raw egg whites. After ovulation, when the odds of becoming pregnant are slim, the discharge will become cloudy and sticky or disappear entirely.

yes i notice all this clear, slippery, vaginal secrtions like raw egg whites,

That means you don't ovulate yet. But ovulation is coming soon.
hi is it advisable to take multivitamin daily and folic acid so one can get pregnant quickly, please let me know
Multivitamin and folic acid doesn't help you get pregnant quickly. But they are recommended to start to take before getting pregnancy. Especially folic acid is important to prevent neural birth defects.
is it good i take it i have already started taking it
it is because you are ready to be pregnant. Some doctors recommend women start to take them one month before conception.
hi doctor, i notice waist pain just like the pain i normally have during the time i was pregnant before, i just hope everything went fine what did you think my last period was on the 5 th.
Sorry I can't understand your question. Can you explain more about your question? Thank you.
how long does ovulation pains last in the body you told me today 23 is the last day of my ovulation and after today when did you think i can have sex again, please explain to me i have waist pain as if i am pregnant can you tell me why.
The pain of ovulation can range from a mild twinge to severe discomfort and usually lasts from minutes to hours. The pain of ovulation usually goes away within about 24 hours. It is generally felt on one side of the abdomen. In some cases, a small amount of vaginal bleeding or discharge may occur. Some women experience nausea, especially if the pain is severe.
Can you explain the waist pain more? One side or both sides? Any other symptoms such as spotting, nausea? It is too soon that you are symptoms of pregnant.
If the pain is due to ovulation, you should have another intercourse on 24 in addition to 23 for sure.
it is one side, i have some discharge that is ovulation discharge,, if i have another intercourse on the 24, then when can i have sex again , please tell me . doctor i appreciate all your reply. i would be so happy if i get pregnant this month. and after intercourse i usaually notice some sperm coming out of my body, . i normally i dont wash after sex just because i want to get pregnant. please any reason for that.
About 24 hours later after the previous intercourse on 23.
hi doctor i notice as i take folic acid, to go to toilet is very difficult that is very strong when i try toilet, can you tell me why
Sorry I can't understand your question. What is very difficult? What is very strong? Can you tell me more about your problem?
i mean going to toilet waste product from the anus is usually strong,
is it advisable to take multivitamins daily , when you want to get pregnant,
Do you mean the stool smells bad or you are constipated?
I recommend you take multivitamins every day.
i dont stool but i find it difficult to stole and i am still sweating every night i dont sleep good
Constipation, diarrhea, or upset stomach may occur with multivitamin. These effects are usually temporary and may disappear as your body adjusts to this medication.
Diet and lifestyle changes
The following simple changes can go a long way toward reducing constipation:
A high-fiber diet. A diet with at least 20 to 35 grams of fiber each day helps your body form soft, bulky stool. High-fiber foods include beans, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Limit foods that have little to no fiber, such as cheese, meat and processed foods.
Regular exercise. Physical activity can help stimulate intestinal activity.
Adequate fluid intake. Drinking plenty of water and other fluids will help soften your stool.
Take the time for bowel movements. Set aside sufficient time to allow undisturbed visits to the toilet. And don't ignore the urge to have a bowel movement.
Laxatives
These over-the-counter medications should be considered only when diet and lifestyle changes aren't effective. Some can become habit-forming.
Fiber supplements, or bulk laxatives, are generally considered the safest of laxatives. Examples include FiberCon, Metamucil, Konsyl, Serutan and Citrucel. These agents must be taken with plenty of water.
Can you press the accept button again because of the time I spent with you? Thank you.
hi doctor is it avisable to still have sex , or i should take a bit break.my last sex was today.
You and your husband should take a break and go back to normal sex life.

thanks so much i appreciate and i hope for the best to come.

You are welcome.
Hope you get pregnant.
please i feel very hungry everytime now please can you tell me. why,.when i eat after few hours i start to get hungry again please tell me the cause
It could be due to hormonal change.
good day doctor, i notice i feel pains in my abodomen .is it too much sex this month ,can you tell me why
Exactly where is the pain? On a scale of 1-10, what is it? What does it feel like? Which is more painful when you press in or let go? Does it radiate to anywhere else? Does anything make it better? Does anything make it worse?
i feel something is moving inside my stomach it feel like stomach cramping
hi doctor, i eat every 3 hours i am just hungry all the time is that pregnancy sign, please tell me
khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)