OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

What is the absolute earliest implantation bleeding can

occur after intercourse?...
what is the absolute earliest implantation bleeding can occur after intercourse?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/26/2011
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
The earliest this will occur is about 10 days after intercourse and this correlates with happening 3 to 4 days PRIOR to your next projected period - I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT as we only get compensated for helping you when you ACCEPT, thank you
If we had sex on Saturday Night and a pinkish brown discharge started Tuesday evening and lasted aproximately 2 days, is this not implantation bleeding? if not, what else is it if this is somethign i've never experienced before?
No, There is no way this is implantation - again, the SOONEST implantation bleeding will occur is 10 days after sex, never before.
This bleeding could be due for many other reasons and this depends on where you are in your cycle - I would be happy to help more - Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
what else could cause a pink'sh brown discharge?
Thank you for your question - I would be happy to answer more questions..
Relist: Answer quality.
I want to know what the pink'sh brown discharge is that came out Tuesday afternoon when the last intercourse I had was on Saturday night.
This depends where in your cycle are you - such as midcycle, just finished your period, or close to starting your period - I can be more specific when you tell me where you are and Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated and of course I would answer more questions after you ACCEPT, thank you
Intercourse happenned mid cycle. Period is due on sept 3. This happened this past Saturday night and bleeding on Tuesday afternoon.
Thank you, ***** ***** be due to mid cycle bleeing from ovulation and other things too - Please click on ACCEPT and I will go into depth as to what this could also be and what you should do about this.
Thank you.
What other things?
Ovulation is one of them.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I'd like another opinion
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
The most common reason for bleeding between periods is that you didn't ovulate before your last period. When a woman doesn't ovulate, she can still have a period, but the uterine lining doesn't clean off with the period, so further bleeding or spotting can occur. Not ovulating is common, often due to stress or illness or other things. It generally takes care of itself in time. Your doctor could confirm whether you've ovulated this month by a blood progesterone test, since progesterone only rises after ovulation. I agree with Dr. Owen that bleeding 3 days after intercourse cannot be implantation bleeding. If pregnancy (if it occurred) is still in the tube, is microscopic size, and couldn't cause any symptom. If you had gotten pregnant earlier (a week or more), then it might be ovulation bleeding. Best regards.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN