OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a high cell count and blood in the urine with no u

Customer Question
I have a high white...
I have a high white cell count and blood in the urine with no u infection and for off and on for the last 3 years i have had what felt like a yeast infection i had pelvic examines and told my obgyn that something was wrong but she told me i was fine and the pap swear was ok I thought it might be a UTI and had urine tests that came back with no infection I went to a urinoligist and he sent me to get a ultrasound and told me i needed to get a test that they insert like a cathether I had the ulrasound done but I didnt go back to get the catheter test done because i was afraid. im going thru a divorce and havent been receiving my mail and i got a call from my internalist doc that the urinolist had been trying to contact me even sent a reg letter but i didnt get it.. I have been having pain like a vag infection and pain externally around a UTI and had urine tests that came back with no infection I went to a urinoligist and he sent me to get a ultrasound and told me i needed to get a test that they insert like a cathether I had the ulrasound done but I didnt go back to get the catheter test done because i was afraid. im going thru a divorce and havent been receiving my mail and i got a call from my internalist doc that the urinolist had been trying to contact me even sent a reg letter but i didnt get it.. I have been having pain like a vag infection and pain externally around the recdom. I know you will tell me I have to see the doc i would just like to know what possible things it could be? all of a sudden i really feel scared.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/19/2011
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 6 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Can you just tell me what is going on with you medically - without the other stuff - there is too much OTHER going on that is not really relavent to YOU medically?
high white blood cell count, blood in urine without infection, pain off and on for the last 3 yrs that felt like a yeast infection but wasnt. pap swears that came out normal the pain also is affecting external area around the recdom and feeling tired alot.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
The commonest cause of blood in the urine is a tumor in the urinary tract - most likely the bladder. Other causes could be a stone which has not shown up in the urine analysis or a condition called Interstitial Disease (IC) of the bladder.
You will need a cystoscopy (the catheter in the bladder) for an accurate diagnosis.
I know that this sounds scary but i am afraid that you really must go for the cystoscopy - the earlier the better.
I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.

hello Do you think that could also account for the type of pain in the areas including externally that I describted and high white blood cell count?. no burning when urinating. Im sorry its just I was afraid of ovarian or cervix cancer is that unlikely? .

that would also account for the type of pain you are suffering from.
It is unlikely that you have either a uterine or a cervical cancer.
In a uterine cancer, the endometrium (inner uterine lining) would have appeared thick on the ultrasound and you would have had vaginal spotting or bleeding. An ovarian cancer would have been picked up on the ultrasound as an ovarian tumor or cyst. Your ultrasound is clear.
I hope this helps.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor