Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

can a yeast infection cause a painful clitoris

can a yeast infection cause a painful clitoris?  What can releive the pain in that area?

Yes, a yeast infection can cause a painful clitoris. But it is more often due to a bacterial infection.

Please use an anti-yeast medicine and also take ibuprofen tablets 200mg thrice a day. These are available without a prescription. if the pain continues after 3 days, please consult a doctor.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and

adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could pain be from a sebaceous cyst? I see a small white bump that is right near it now. It's underneath the skin.
Yes, it can be from a sebaceous cyst. in fact, what you probably have is an infected and inflamed sebaceous cyst.

Please apply a warm pack on the vulva for 10 minutes every 2 hours. Also take Ibuprofen 200mg every 8 hours. This should help the inflammation to decrease to some extent and for the cyst to drain. If the pain continues till tomorrow, please see a doctor.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.