Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

is it safe to have anal sex if you have a grade 3 vaginal prolapse

is it safe to have anal sex if you have a grade 3 vaginal prolapse after an unsuccessful hysterectomy and cystercele repair. I am afraid to have another operation since the front doesnt work I thinking of anal sex.Please help

If you have not had a rectocele (prolapse of the rectum through the vaginal wall) at the time of the vaginal prolapse then yes, it is safe to have anal sex. A rectocele however is usually present with q 3rd degree vaginal prolapse.

Anal sex if you have a rectocele can cause an injury to the muscles.

Please consult an Obgyn to be examined for a rectocele.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thank you. how often is safe to have anal sex? I understand it is not for this purpose. I would like to make sure I dont do anything to make things worse. Is that a possability?

If you do not have a rectocele, it is perfectly safe to have anal sex as often as you want as long as it is very gentle. Your pelvic muscles are already quite weak and hard thrusts could weaken them further.

But if you do have a rectocele, even a mild one, then anal sex is better avoided as you could have a major rectocele or even a tear of the rectal wall. The rectal wall is much more thinner and delicate than the vaginal walls.

That is why it will be better to have a through checkup and rule out a rectocele completely before going in for anal sex. The ongyn can at the same time, check for the integrity of teh muscles in the region.

I hope this helps.