OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having some fluttering feels in my uterus, also

Customer Question
throbbing, had a white thick...
I'm having some fluttering feels in my uterus, also throbbing, had a white thick discharge that is now clear. I had some light cramps. U was just treated for bv. My period is about a week and a half late
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: OB GYN
4/7/2011
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 7 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Have you done a pregnancy test?
No I have not taken a test, my doctor had me get blood work done two weeks ago and it came back negative for pregnancy, I have just stopping taking the pill in December. my period was coming as it should until last month it started February 24 went off the 26 back on the 28 and stayed on until the 8th of march then I had spotting for 3 days went to my gyn my pap test came back saying I had a little bacteria vaginosi, I took a 7 day two times a day antibiotic I have no itchyor burning my discharge went from thick white with no smell to clear stretchy to clear slippery, now I'm feeling the flutter and throbbing in my uterus. two days ago I had light cramps
are you just asking why your period is late?
Could I be pregnant, why is,my period late, but I forgot to put that I've been feeling some pressure in my uterus when u get up in the morning and walk around but it goes away
If period is late by over 7 days and the pregnancy test is negative, you are not pregnant - so this could be because you did not ovulate, this could be because you have stress/ anxiety, weight issues, but also thyroid problems such as hypothyroidism/ hyperthyroidism and an elevated prolactin level can cause this, and finally PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome can cause this .
I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please ask
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
I've been checked for all of that but I em over weight. Could the test have been done too early
IF you are over weight then have your doctor look into checking you for PCOS and hypothyroidism.
If you are 2 weeks late, the test was not done too early, but you can keep checking -
Usually the pregnancy test is positive by the time you are 14 days after having had sex.
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Thank you much your answers are helpful but not much, everything you said I have been tested for with in the past 6 months to a year
I have essentially reconfirmed what your OWN doctor has been doing - and you should really be treated as if you are a PCOS woman - this will probably make all the difference in the world if you want to get pregnant - and with that being the case, you should ask your doctor for a prescription to Metformin to help you..
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you .
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)