Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

What can be done to get some relief for a bruised

Customer Question

what can be done to get some relief for a bruised cervix/uterus??
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
What do you mean by a 'bruised' cervix?
What are you symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
like as in bruised from intercourse... as in too deep during sex bruised
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
What are you symptoms - are you bleeding, are you cramping, are you burning, are you in pain????
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
in pain sharp pain,cramping, no bleeding, burns before i pee, been to my doctor no stds or infections....stemming from sex
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
How long has this been going on?
Do you use spermicides, condoms????
Are you on birth control?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2 weeks, no spermicides or condoms, no birth control....married
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
This is not a bruised cervix, this could be an ovarian cyst that was just aggravated by intercourse and you could have had a rupture cyst that is bleeding hence having pain and the other symptoms.
You might also have a urinary tract infection on top of this too and combining the two diagnoses could make you quite uncomfortable.
So, you need to be seen and you need a pelvic exam, a pelvic ultrasound, and a urinalysis with an urine culture.
You might need antibiotics and to control cysts (if you are not trying to get pregnant) - then birth control will help.
I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have had a pelvic exam al tests run no infections and have already been on antibiotics for 7 days for possible infections...no bleeding
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
You should get evaluated for ovarian cysts then since you are not on any birth control - and you need a pelvic exam and a pelvic ultrasound for this.
I would recommend making an appointment for your ob/gyn for this....
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
supposed expert suggesting things already done and again after being told about said things being done
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
You NEED to have a pelvic exam - and you might NEED a diagnositic laparoscopy (a camera in the abdomen / pelvis as you might also have endometriosis - this is something that would be the final thing to do to get you a diagnosis.
And, I would also suggest a cystoscopy at the same time to look in your bladder while you are asleep on the operating room table.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I HAVE HAD A PELVIC EXAM!!!
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
That is good, but NOW you need a Laparoscopy and a Cystoscopy if you still have these complaints.
You are asking for my help, and I am giving it to you.
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not wanting a diagnosis i was wandering about anything i could do at home for pain relief... i have seen my doctor but i was just wandering if there was anything that would help ease some of the pain
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Okay - for pain - this really depends on the diagnosis - as for over the counter pain relief there is only Motrin (ibuprofen, advil), Aleve (naprosyn) and tylenol (acetominophen) available.
You can take 600mg of motrin every 6 hours along with Tylenol 1000 mg every 6 hours for pain relief.