OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

How does it take HCG to show in urine? I am 16 dpo 2days

Customer Question
Hi, How long does it...
Hi, How long does it take HCG to show in urine? I am 16 dpo 2days late with period. EPT used at lunch time Negative. Temp this a.m. 98.10
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2011
OB GYN Doctor: Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 7 years ago
Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dear Melane and welcome. Generally, the urine tests will turn positve when the blood level of HCG passes through 1200-1500 units. That is about the time that a woman is 7 or more days late for her longest normal cycle, or about 21 days past conception.
The temperature is suggestive of the presence of progesterone and, at this late stage in the cycle, is likely to be due to pregnancy. Repeat the test in 3-4 days. Good luck
Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)
Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)