OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I used a UTI home and had positive results for leukocytes

Customer Question
(125++) and negative for nitrates...
I used a UTI home and had positive results for leukocytes (125++) and negative for nitrates. I have had vaginal burning and was having pain during urination but it got better when I started drinking a lot of water. A week ago my vagina was swollen and red but that went away. I am feeling better but still uncomfortable. Could it be yeast or an UTI? I also have hemrhoids and those are also causing discomfort.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: OB GYN
9/11/2010
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 7 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
It could be bacterial vaginal infection. You should see a Gyn to have the discharge examined under the microscope and get antibiotics if it is bacterial infection.
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Such as a yeast infection? Discharge is thick and white, but not lumpy.
Does it have odor?
No
Are you still using Monistat? Or did you finish it?
No. I stopped because it was so painful. I was eating yogurt and drinking a lot of water and by Monday it was cleared up. Today I feel like I have to go to the bathroom and then I can't go pee.
Drink a lot of cranberry juice or use OTC medication for bladder infection. It could be yeast infection of the vagina. Try Yeast Arrest from Walgreen's. If it doesn't work, you should see a Gyn next week.
khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)