Ask Mary Claire Haver, M. D. Your Own Que...
Mary Claire Haver, M. D.
Mary Claire Haver, M. D., Doctor
Experience:  U.S. Educated, Trained and Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist practicing for 10 years
18724279

What can cause white bumps inside my vagina?

have A LOT of white cluster-like bumps inside my vagina. they are hard with no discharge, pain, or itch. PA said she did not think they were warts but im not convinced. she recommended i get a second opinion but its weeks before i can get an appt with a gynecologist. The closest example i cud find on the internet is by following this link and scrolling down; see the photo in the middle of three. i am really worried! http://www.revirgination.net/vaginal-bumps.html

You most likely have sebaceous cysts of the vagina. They are very common and are NOT an STD!

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

oh my gosh!! that wud be great. i was reading about those, but the photos seem to show the typical bump-like cysts u see on other parts of the skin, typically face and back

Mary Claire Haver, M. D. :

No, in the vagina area they are small, tight, and almost yellow looking.

Warts are so easy to spot, that if she has decent experience she would have been able to tell you immediately yes or no.

<strongCustomer:

she said that they didn't impress her as being warts. she said she doesn't typically do gyn stuff anymore, but that, in her experience, they don't look like that but much more like warts u wud see elsewhere like on fingers

Mary Claire Haver, M. D. :

That is good.

if it wudn't gross u out, i took a close up of it. i was just trying to compare a pic on my phone to wut i was seeing online. not to sound weird but do u mind if i post it for u to look at?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I had to forward the pics to my email acct and then download them. i will attach them. theres tons of these white popules inside my vagina :(

i am just getting out of a 17yr marriage and have been more sexually active, but have been using condom. i have also been using nuva ring. not sure if the trauma to the vaginal area or ring can be playing a role...?

(Images not displayed here for privacy)

Those do look like warts to me :{. You are the first patient who has used pictures and I think it is such a wonderful and helpful tool.