Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator
28424515

My cycle is 20 days late. I have taken a pregnancy test, but

My cycle is 20 days late. I have taken a pregnancy test, but it was negative. After exercise today, I began feeling faint, like my cycle was going to start. However, no sign of a cycle, just a feeling. Am I pregnant?
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. AJ :

Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

Dr. AJ :

First I would definitely take a urine pregnancy test

Dr. AJ :

If that is negative, you know for sure you are not pregnant.

Dr. AJ :

Outside of that though, this could be just a sign that you didn't ovulate last month....

Dr. AJ :

that can cause spotting or irregular bleeding exactly like what you are experiencing now

Customer:

I am not bleeding though

Dr. AJ :

Typically it resolves within 1-2 cycles, so if the pregnancy test comes back negative, I would give it some more time

Customer:

I am not spotting either

Dr. AJ :

sorry let me clarify:

Dr. AJ :

I misspoke.. when you don't ovulate an egg during a cycle, you don't have the typical hormone withdrawal that causes a period each month

Dr. AJ :

The result of that is one of three things

Dr. AJ :

1) Irregular spotting

Dr. AJ :

2) irregular bleeding (heavier)

Dr. AJ :

or

Dr. AJ :

3) no bleeding (just a missed period)

Dr. AJ :

Some women with three also start to 'feel' like a period is coming on..or have cramping but have no period

Dr. AJ :

I suspect that is most likely the reason

Customer:

Oh! Okay. Thanks

Dr. AJ :

but if you are sexually active, it is always wise to rule out pregnancy first before exploring other options

Dr. AJ :

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification, otherwise please click ACCEPT! Bonuses are most appreciated. Thank you!

Best Wishes,

Dr. AJ

Dr. AJ :

Please click GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I receive credit for my time ! If you have a follow up question please ask!! BONUSES and/or FEEDBACK are appreciated for my work! Thank you!

Best Wishes,

Dr. AJ

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.